Name:
Location: Missouri, United States

(1960- ) American writer, humorist, and biblical scholar.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

A Grey Area Defined

It seems Mr. Grey is starting to get a little shall we say snarky:

Daniel - The Tempest said "Listen, your comments weren't "deleted". Wordpress has had some issues lately. Not that I owe an explaination. I do see one of your comments on my site, so let's just leave the cowardly crap off." Oh you mean that last comment which simply linked here and doesn’t actually say anything? Please. You say wordpress was broken and my comments weren’t actually deleted…Yet there is a lack of notification of this wordpress ‘issue’ on their site.

Why should I believe you? You talk about being a ‘good’ person, but as far as I can tell, your notion of ‘good’ seems to be simply based on your feelings. Essentially, what you are doing is using a word that people with a common Judeo-Christian background use to communicate certain concepts with, yet your own definition of that word is different. What do you really mean by ‘good’? What is the foundation for your morality?

"This whole issue (whatever it really is with you) is tiresome. Why don't we just call détente...you are never going to change us, and we are never going to change you."But I’ve already changed you and you’ve already changed me. This is the nature of discourse and interaction. "There, I'll be the bigger man. I'm turning the other cheek, as it were. I'm throwing in the towel just to end all of this tripe. Are you willing to do likewise? Because seriously, this could go on forever, and quite frankly, none of this is worth my very valuable time. Fun little distraction as it was.# posted by Tempest : 12/8/06 9:48 PM" Lol….if you were going to be the bigger man, why did you continue to post comments? Is this just another of your little manipulative techniques so that you get the last word whilst appearing to be the bigger man? Please Daniel. Manipulating others is poor form.

"Oh, and just to be clear, you came to my page first. You attacked me. You accused me of plagairism without even asking or knowing the facts first. You threw the first verbal punch, then got pissy when I decided to hit back. " You have gotten playing the victim down to a fine art haven’t you. How many times have you posted emails deriding and mocking others beliefs? I can tell you would prefer it if people just sat there and let you continue with your ignorant and mocking attempts to appear clever. That’s not going to happen though. When you posted your plagiarised piece ignorantly mocking Christian belief, I called you on it and you decided to start hurling insults and getting your knickers in a twist. I don’t need to ask for the facts when the facts are there plainly for all to see. You plagiarised a piece and probably felt very self-satisfied and self-righteous about it all. The post itself was evidence enough. That you chose an obviously shallow and incorrect criticism of the bible to copy is even more evidence that you were posting on a topic you know very little about.

"Simply stated, (and I had to learn this the hard way) not everyone you attack is going to have the same control as Revel & Kat. They have patience for people who preach. I, however, do not."Preach? Attack? Yeah, sure. Calling you on plagiarism is attacking. Just like protecting a person being mugged is attacking. Do you actually believe what you are saying? You did the wrong thing, intentionally or not. Deal with it, learn from it, and move on. Just don’t keep going with this somewhat obvious rationalization and manipulation.

"You should not judge me because I am a reactionist. I simply cannot abide being bullied by those who want me to drink the religious Kool Aid." Bullied? Yep. Anyone who disagrees with you, or thinks you have done the wrong thing is ‘bullying’ you. The victim mentality continues. You use that a lot don’t you? It lets you feel all self-righteous doesn’t it? It allows you to continue to mock those you disagree with and pretend to be the victim any time anyone tries to respond. Manipulation, manipulation, manipulation. Let’s see Daniel. The Muslim’s think I am an infidel and going to hell, the Jews think I am a blasphemer and heretic and am going to hell. The atheists think I am deluded or stupid. Many Hindu think I do something bad every time I enjoy a good steak and that I will probably come back in the next life as a cockroach. The world is full of people who think I am immoral, stupid or deluded. It isn’t something I lose sleep over, because I am not so insecure as to be worried about other people’s beliefs which I don’t believe in. I don’t cry and whine about being bullied and attacked whenever someone disagrees with me or thinks their belief is true and mine is not.

"You were the one who turned your baseless accusations of plagairism into a gay-bashing. That, to me, seems as immature as my so-called passive aggressive reactions." You mean after I accused you correctly of plagiarism in a anti-Christian, and then you decided to bring my religion into it and Revel made several claims about Christianity and homosexual marriage. It’s curious how you left those steps of the discussion out. More manipulation I guess…I’m starting to see the pattern. You seem happy to bash Christian’s who disagree with you, yet whine when someone says something even remotely against your own beliefs.

"Bottom line, if you want stimulating conversation and debate, don't start off with accusations of plagairism before knowing the true context. And splitting hairs (by either of us) doesn't add anything helpful to the debate.# posted by Tempest : 12/8/06 10:04 PM" The true context? The true context was that you posted someone else’s work with the only attribution on the post being your own name. That’s what’s known as plagiarism. How much rationalisation can you do? You did the wrong thing, build a bridge and get over it.
posted by Alan Grey : 14/8/06 1:28 PM

Continue

1 Comments:

Blogger Kat B. said...

Well, it seems the word "good" is a secret code word used by judeo-christians to communicate certain concepts...somebody call Dan Brown to get to the bottom of this!!!

8/15/2006 5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home